Healthy eating for one is hard. Fresh produce goes bad quickly, and buying small quantities isn’t always possible.
Avocados and Sweet Potatoes to the rescue. Here is a quick and healthy recipe that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
1 or 1/2 avocado
1 sweet potato
Optional: 1 egg, any style
- scrub the sweet potato, especially if you intend to eat the skin.
- pierce sweet potato with a fork 5-10 times, then wrap sweet potato in a lightly moist paper towel
- microwave sweet potato 5-7 minutes, depending on strength of your microwave. Let it cool for a few minutes once its done
- cut sweet potato in half, scoop out insides.
- smash sweet potato insides together in bowl with avocado and salt to taste
- Optional: throw an egg on top for a filling and nutritious meal