I didn’t have much time to prep food for the week because we came home super late on Sunday from our weekend getaway. We are meeting with our trainer tomorrow night and after a training sesh, we are both exhausted and HUNGRY and need food right away!
The food God’s have graced me with their presence and have provided me with all ingredients to make the perfect Firecracker Salmon.
This is good for 2 Salmon Filet:
- 2 Salmon filet- fresh or frozen (I have frozen. I will defrost and marinade them)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbls brown sugar
- I don’t even have a measurement of scallions for you. We love scallions so we chop a crazy amount into our dishes. So the amount of scallions are up to you!
- 4 tbls Soy Sauce we use the lower sodium kind
- 1 tbls red pepper flakes (less if you aren’t into too much heat)
- 1/2 cup evoo
- 4 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of ground/minced ginger… My husband likes the ginger slices they give with the sushi so we always have that on hand. I just drop slices of that into the dish
- Fresh ground pepper and a pinch of salt (seriously, just a pinch… you’re getting enough salt from the soy sauce)
There is enough of this marinade to throw in veggies too… Like, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, onions.. mm mm mm!!!
- Mix all ingredients together and let fish marinade for min 2hr-24hrs (longer the better)
- Oil the griddle pan. Place on high heat.
- When the pan is hot enough, turn the heat down to medium-high and place filet on the griddle.
- We cooked the filet about 5-6 min each side.
**We used a griddle pan for this. I am sure you can bake it or pan fry it but I have not tried it like that yet.**
This recipe is approved by my Husband. I have yet to join the fish lovers world.
If you love Fat Girls Fitness, subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter.
(We won’t spam you)
And/or follow Fat Girls Fitness on Facebook 🙂
3 thoughts on “Firecracker Salmon”
This looks delicious!
My husband said it’s good. It looks even better with the grill marks. Let me know if you try it.
Reblogged this on Robinson's Strength and Endurance Coaching and commented:
Looks like a great recipe, I will have to try this one for sure. Thanks for sharing.