“‘I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.” – Louis CK
One of the top reasons people say they find themselves eating is because they are bored.
To this I say: the boredom may be a bigger problem than the food.
Ok, first of all, no one should ever allow themselves the opportunity to be bored or boring. Idle time leads to bad habits. Sitting around, snacking, watching too much TV and just a general lack of productivity – which is lame.
Don’t be lame! Be fun! Be un-boring!
Here’s an idea! Find awesome ways to fill your time.
- Find projects around the house you’ve been meaning to do
- Find a hobby: start a bowling league, paint some more, write some more, learn to do magic tricks (Did you know that people that pull rabbits out of hats tend to be 28% leaner on average than those who do not pursue this hobby #uncitedsource)
- Make a list of activities to do and keep adding to it. Even add them to your calendar and invite your friends: ice skating, hiking, going to a museum, going camping, making sculptures out of matchsticks (making and maintaining the list is an activity itself, doing these things are bonus points)
- Go for a walk!
- Get a tattoo on an area other than your face (plus it’s a great way burn through any money you may have accidentally saved up)
- Learn to spell accidentally (hint: it took me a long time to write #5)
- Write a manifesto, or at least make a zine
- Learn to play the jaw harp
- Write some angry Yelp reviews *
- Read the comment section on any Insane Clown Posse YouTube videos**While laughter burns calories, these activities are often enjoyed sitting, so not as highly advised, yet still very entertaining and good fodder for small talk at parties.
Stay fun, my friends!