So I tend to get a bit teary-eyed when I talk about avocado toast. And fine, it’s true – I might be a Trader Joe’s fangirl.
But I want you to experience this toast.
I swear to you I am not sponsored by Trader Joe’s (if only!). But Trader Joe’s 100% Rye Bread, in particular, is my favorite for this recipe. If you have access to it, you should definitely use it for this recipe.
This toast is so simple and SO good. It’s perfect if you’re cooking for yourself or for two people. Like many of my other recipes, you can make it all in one pan.
1. small amount of onion
2. one or two eggs
3. 1/2 avocado
4. one slice Rye (Preferably Trader Joe’s 100% Rye)
5. Optional but recommended: Tomato and/or Olive Oil
- Do whatever you do to make your pan not stick. I use Trader Joe’s Coconut Cooking Spray
- Cut up onions, throw them on one corner of the pan. You’ll want to do these first, because they’ll take the longest.
- Once the onions have been cooking for a bit, begin toasting the Rye on another portion of the pan. At some point you should flip the Rye.
- Crack an egg somewhere on an unused portion of the pan. I cook it sunny side up or scramble it, but wtvr works.
- Dump everything from pan onto a plate. Spread avocado on toast, add onions and egg on top. Nom nom.
- Optional: cut up the tomatoes and cook them lightly in the span. Add them to your toast. SO good!
- Double Optional: Drizzle a little olive oil on the whole concoction. MMMmmmMMMMmm.
- Mandatory: ENJOY!!!
Let us know how you modify this recipe to fit your own tastes 🙂
If you love Fat Girls Fitness, subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter.
(We won’t spam you)
We’d love to hear about your progress.
Keep in touch with Fat Girls Fitness on Facebook 🙂
2 thoughts on “Avocado Toast On Fleek”
Yum! one of my favorites!
LikeLiked by 1 person