I have these moments where I need to clear out. Get rid of everything! I don’t like things… I’m pretty sure in one of my most recent posts I touched upon my hatred of chachkas. So this post is dedicated to shopping in your own kitchen.
It’s unclear why we have bags and bags of frozen cauliflower but I was determined to use it this week. Clear out the fridge/freezer and spend less on food shopping… Yes, please!
Disclaimer– this recipe is addictive. In my opinion, it tastes like a really healthy version of macaroni and cheese. If you’ve always been open to sharing your plate with others, this will change everything. You will become selfish and overprotective of your food. This will bring out a different side of you.
My husband hates cauliflower… I was tempted to make him try this last night to change his mind. But beast mode came out and I kept this to myself. More cauliflower for me….More faux mac and cheese for me.
My only regret is that since it was a test recipe, I made very little of it. I will only have enough for 3 days worth of lunches but I want it for lunch forever and ever and ever.
Low Carb Chicken Cauliflower Casserole adapted from here
Recipe yields 3 cups. I recommend doubling up.
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower (I used ShopRite steam in bag)
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cooked chicken (I bought rotisserie and shredded it)
- ¼ cup salsa verde (I used Herdez)
- Pinch of salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Although, if you like a kick, maybe some pepperjack cheese!
- *Optional: Chopped scallions (which I used) and chopped red/green peppers
- *Optional: Red pepper flakes (which I used)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Microwave cauliflower as per directions on bag
- Place cauliflower into an ovenproof dish (Pyrex is my fave)
- Add the cream cheese, microwave for another 20- 30 seconds
- Mix cream cheese and cauliflower together
- Add chicken, salsa verde,seasonings, shredded cheese and the optional ingredients
- Mix everything together and cook for 20-30 min. I like mine more crispy and crunchy so I cooked it closer to 30 minutes.
Let me know what you think and if you added any other ingredients.
If you love Fat Girls Fitness, subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter.
(We won’t spam you)
And/or follow Fat Girls Fitness on Facebook 🙂