Can’t believe it’s already September! Speaking of which….Why are Halloween decorations already for sale? No, wait, why are THANKSGIVING decorations already for sale?
Stop- slow down…smell the roses! Time is flying by so fast… everybody needs to relax.
My Husband and I completed our second mud run- Warrior Dash … what can I say, we love getting down and dirty.
We wanted to get one more trip in before the end of the year so we will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Prague!
This past weekend my two other blog-mates and I got to stand along side our friend and watched her marry the love of her life.
I discovered a delicious taco bake recipe that I would like to share with all of you! I am in love with this recipe for several reasons: It’s versatile (can add/swap ingredients), make a big batch to last all week or to freeze, it’s low carb, easy and quick to cook.
Taco bake recipe found here *I did make some changes to fit my needs so check out the original if you do not wish to follow mine
- 4oz of cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese (I used taco blend- that’s what I had on hand)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (I did not have this on hand so I used marinara and tasted just fine!)
- 4oz chopped green chilies
- 4oz shredded cheddar cheese (I used taco blend)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Beat cream cheese and eggs until smooth
- Add whipping cream and seasoning- blend well
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan
- Spread shredded cheese evenly throughout the bottom of the pan and slowly and evenly pour egg/cream cheese mixture on top
- Bake for approx 30 min
- While your crust is baking, cook the beef until brown.
- Drain fat
- Stir in chilies, taco seasoning and tomato sauce
- Once crust is cooked, remove from oven and let it sit for 5 min. Then spread meat mixture over crust, top with additional shredded cheese.
- Lower oven temp to 350F
- Bake for another 20 min or until bubbly. I like my cheese more burnt so I baked for approx 30 min.
Additional topping ideas:
- Salsa, guacamole, sour cream, scallions.
I divided the pan into 8 squares- one square for lunch each day this week and some left over slices for Hubby to enjoy with a side of brown rice and salad.
Sooooo… some music for ya. I have to listen to people all day long and sometimes, I just love the silence. Don’t we all? But, I don’t like to work out in silence… that’s just boring. I have found a happy medium for anyone in the same predicament.
Instrumental music! Don’t sigh at me. Give it a chance… here is some of the music I’ve been listening to:
Lindsey Stirling- Swag
Lindsey Stirling- The Arena
Lindsey Stirling- First light
Audiomachine- Legions of Doom
Jorge Quintero- 300 Violin Orchestra
London Music Works- Requiem For a Tower
Roberto Concina Escala Chris Elliot- Children
I have some more recipes for you but I will be posting in the days to come. Let me know if you like this music, I can give you all some more ideas.