This is one of my favorite breakfasts.
It’s filling, it’s yummy, and it makes me feel slightly less terrible about the several decades I spent eating strawberry pop-tarts and bagel bites.
The essence of “Eggs and Beans on Top of Greens” is this:
3. ….on top of Greens.
It’s basic. In a good way. And like all food, this recipe can also be enjoyed for lunch and/or dinner.
Plus you can modify it easily to make it your own 🙂
In case you’d like some guidance… here is how I do it.
- one or two cage free eggs
- approx 1/4 small onion, chopped
- a handful of mixed greens (baby spinach & arugula = perfect)
- 1/4 can Bush’s or Heinz Vegetarian Baked Beans (SO GOOD!)
- coconut oil/coconut oil spray (to coat pan)
- Optional: olive oil
- Optional: tomato
- Optional: splash of asian sesame dressing
- spray pan w/ non-stick spray, or use coconut oil to coat pan
- cut up onions, begin sautéing them on light flame
- once onions begin to brown slightly, crack egg(s) on top of onions and scramble them all together
- salt egg/onion concoction
- move egg/onion concoction to one side of pan
- add beans to other side of pan
- put a handful of mixed greens on plate
- add egg/onion concoction on top
- add beans on top
- Optional: add a splash of olive oil on top of your concoction
- Optional: add a splash of asian sesame salad dressing to your mixed greens
- Optional: cut up tomato, add on top
If you’re feeling extremely rowdy, add half of an avocado for an enhanced gustatory experience.
…But don’t get too wild. Any more than half, and I WILL be forced to call the breakfast police.
If you love Fat Girls Fitness, subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter.
(We won’t spam you)
And/or stay in touch with us on Facebook 🙂
We’d love to hear about your progress.