Full disclosure: I’m Jewish. So while Christ doth not arise in my home, I recognize that he did visit many of my friends this weekend.
And when Christ arises, calories arise. So now it’s time for confession.
Tell it to me straight, glutton:
- Did you have a second helping of ham?
- Perhaps an extra leg of lamb?
- A marshmallow pie?? An entire box Peeps?? A Lindt Chocolate bunny?
- A Cadbury Caramel Egg?!?!
- ALL OF THE ABOVE?!!!
I think all of those things are great, especially Cadbury Caramel eggs. I also think that holidays are meant to be enjoyed.
Gluttony may be a sin, but not in my book. I think it’s human nature to let yourself go every once in a while.
But now it’s Tuesday and it’s time to get back on track. Here are a few tips:
- Get rid of leftover candy. That’s assuming you have any left over 😉
- I hate throwing out food, even candy.
- If you don’t want to throw it out, bring it to work or put it in the freezer
- But really, you should throw it out.
- Pencil in an extra workout this week. You don’t have to go crazy. But whatever your normal exercise regimen, add one extra session this week. This can even be moderate exercise – go for a long walk.
- Have a hearty salad for lunch for the remainder of the week.
- Try to reduce your carbs by 50% for at least one or two days this week. If you’re still feeling bloated from the weekend, this might help.
- If you normally drink alcohol, take a break for the remainder of the week. Your body will thank you.
Remember: you don’t have to go crazy to make up for your “sins.” One or two holiday meals won’t make or break you. Implement one or two small changes from the above list and you should be back to your lent-sized self in no time.
If you love Fat Girls Fitness, subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter.
(We won’t spam you)
We’d love to hear about your progress.
Keep in touch with Fat Girls Fitness on Facebook