Ok, so really it’s TWO steps. Three if you count buying the chicken, and four if you count turning the knob on your slow cooker. Reasons why this recipe is awesome:
- Ridiculously simple;
- Only takes TWO ingredients;
- Perfect for people who can’t afford salt.
- Deliciousness. Juiciness factor = high; A++
- Appeal to Sadism. You get to bathe a chicken breast in its own broth. And then you get to eat it.
BUT! Take heed: This dish is NOT pretty. In fact, it looks gross. Save something else for date night.
- A Slow Cooker
- Chicken Breast (as a typical white person, I prefer Organic)
- Chicken Broth (as a typical white person, I prefer Swanson)
1. Apply raw chicken breast to slow cooker. To avoid contracting Salmonella, ask an elderly neighbor to handle the chicken for you.
2. Apply broth to chicken. One cup broth per chicken breast = good, but you can probably get away with a little less.
3. Turn knob. Try not to hurt your wrist.
- For juicy results: 7 to 8 hours on LOW is ideal.
- 3.5 to 4 hours on HIGH works too.
- Time Adjustments: Cook time assumes you’re cooking three lightly frozen chicken breasts in three cups of broth. Adjust up or down based on:
- how many breasts you’re handling; AND
- the frostiness of said breasts
Dinner is Served!
This chicken is PERFECT for shredding (imagine – salads/tacos) but also quite yummy whole. There’s no need to season or salt it, but if that is your most urgent desire, I’m not going to jump through your computer screen and stop you.
If you’re interested in experiencing heaven on earth, try it with a side of aromatic jasmine rice and greek yogurt. It’s yummy, healthy, and (presumably) John Stamos approved.
So good for you.
Added bonus – your kitchen will smell awesome for hours.
Happy Slow Cooking 🙂
If you love Fat Girls Fitness, subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter.
(We won’t spam you)
And/or keep in touch with Fat Girls Fitness on Facebook 🙂